Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The more I know, the less I believe

I have learned so much in the last few years, but the more I know the less I feel secure in a belief that my knowledge can help me overcome my fear of being powerless. I had always thought knowledge is power. I do have some power, but the more I know, the less I believe in it as an answer. Maybe the ancient Greeks evolved because their belief in knowledge being power led them to finally turn to ritual because that was all that was left when knowledge became too deep a trough.

I have no interest in making knowledge my power base. I use knowledge to find answers, real answers to what has happened to my trust in the truth that is supposed to make me free. I have searched far and wide, but the answer lies within. I must carry my burden basket of insights and carry it as if they were flowers that have not gone to seed. And when I bring them home I will have a wonderful bouquet of joy. I arrange them in a vase, and a ritual is born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home