Monday, May 28, 2007

Two different parties

On Saturday I went to Boulder Creek. I took the route along Highway 17, then Bear Creek Rd and Highway 9. If you haven't done that, you have missed something. The alternating views between the trees and the open country and the ocean view bend after bend shows California at it best. I made old friends and new when I arrived. The creeping Charlie had grown so much that it covered the whole, once bare, side of the hill where my host maintains a neat house. A wonderful day.

Sunday I drove up to the Land, the beautiful land. I took Moody Road, then Page Mill up to Skyline. After three miles going south you find an iron gate. You then use the magic four numbers and the world becomes new. It is full of song and dance and blue flowers. The forget-me-nots are blooming this time of year. I was told it was the burs that bestowed the blue flowers their names. To me theses flowers are the blue flowers of the Romantic period. The blue is unforgettable. The California clouds creeping over the hills and mountains the heavenly smoke of the spirits, I won't forget them. These were two glorious days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home